Migrateful is a charity supporting asylum seekers, refugees & migrants on their journey to integration. We do this by preparing them to lead cookery classes where they share their traditional cuisine and culture with public & private groups.
Sign up for a six week volunteering cycle where you will support the smooth running of our Migrant-led Cookery Classes. You will choose a spot on the same day, at the same time and venue each week for the next six weeks. During each 5.5 hour weekly shift, you might be...
- Helping with set up of the space & cooking stations
- Welcoming participants & ensuring they enjoy themselves
- Keeping stations clear & clean by removing food scraps
- Cleaning equipment
- Washing up & helping facilitator pack up
- Enjoying delicious meal prepared during class
You will be supporting asylum seekers, refugees and migrants on their journey to integration and employment on a weekly basis in a way which fits around your schedule (choosing the same venue, day and time each week). These cycles are also a great way to forge new friendships with your fellow class cycle sidekicks and explore up to six cuisines from across the globe.
- Genuine interest in supporting vulnerable migrants & promoting integration
- Commitment to reliability
- Keen sense of initiative, positive attitude & willingness to get your hands dirty!
November/December 6-Week Cycles:
- Monday Evenings at the Migrateful Cookery School, EC1R (20 November–18 December)
- Tuesday Evenings at Holdspace, N1 (21 November–19 December)
- Tuesday Evenings at All Saints Church, SE15 (21 November–19 December)
- Wednesday Evenings at Holdspace, N1 (22 November–13 December)
- Thursday Evenings at Holdspace, N1 (23 November–21 December)
- Friday Evenings at the Migrateful Cookery School, EC1R (1 December–15 December)
- Friday Evenings at All Saints Church, SE15 (24 November–15 December)
- Saturday Lunchtimes at the Migrateful Cookery School, EC1R (25 November–16 December)
- Sunday Lunchtimes at the Migrateful Cookery School, EC1R (26 November–17 December)
- Sunday Evenings at the Migrateful Cookery School, EC1R (26 November–17 December)
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.
Do you want to make a real difference to a young person's life? If you are a current university student of any subject (or have graduated within the last 2 years), this opportunity could be for you!
Make local green spaces more colourful and vibrant through helping with planting, watering and weeding. Learn about how to bring wildlife into urban places through planting and looking after the environment. Address: Bernie Spain Gardens, SE1 9PH.